1. Santorini is known for its beauty. The sight of white washed buildings and blue domed churches overlooking the turquoise water of Aegean sea is incomparable by Mykonos or any other Greek island.
On the other hand, Mykonos is known for it’s vibrant nightlife and crazy beach parties. For this reason, it’s also called ‘Party Capital of the Greece’.
2. Because of it’s beauty, scenery and romantic vibe, Santorini is better suited for honeymoon travelers and couples.
On the other hand, Mykonos is preferred by the young and the restless for it’s wild parties.
3. Since Santorini beaches are volcanic, you won’t find white sand. It’s mostly red or black rocks and grit.
Mykonos has better beaches than Santorini.
4. Although all the Greek islands are gay friendly, Mykonos is more preferred by gays as compared to Santorini.
5. Santorini has got a caldera!
6. In Santorini, you can visit the prehistoric town of Akrotiri.
From Mykonos you can choose to go for a day trip to the nearby island of Delos.
7. From caldera towns of Fira, Firostefani and Oia in Santorini, the sea is far away.
On the other hand, in Mykonos sea is pretty close almost everywhere.
8. Mykonos town is like a big jigsaw puzzle where it is very easy to get lost (in a fun way) because of it’s narrow streets.