|Credit Card Accepted||N/A|
- You can rent chair and umbrella on the beach for $6 each. Make sure you have cash available.
- Local vendors at the beach can be annoying sometimes. Just say no politely and they won’t trouble you.
If you’re staying on the beach already, stay put. 😉
If not, you can easily find a taxi from any part of Negril to take you to the beach at nominal rates.
Our time there:
We went to Seven Mile beach in Negril on a sunny day in March 2015. Since we were staying on the cliffs, we took a cab from our resort to the beach. Cabs in Negril don’t accept credit cards. Therefore, make sure you cash available with you. We got off at the roundabout near the bridge from where the seven mile beach starts. You will find a lot of ATMs, restaurants and local stores at the roundabout. If you want to refill your cooler with booze for the beach , this is the place! Just after crossing the bridge, we took a narrow walkway to the beach. The walkway was filled with small local shops and its nagging local vendors. Since we were not interested in any shopping, we politely said no to all of them and moved forward.
Once we arrived at the beach, we kept on walking for a few miles until we found a place that appealed most to us. We rented a chair and an umbrella, opened Red Stripe and headed right into the waters.
Where did we stay in Jamaica:
We’d visited Jamaica for 5 nights and 6 days. Before getting there, I’d planned what all attractions we would cover during this trip. In a nutshell, these are the attractions we covered:
From the list above, you can figure out that we’d planned to visit 4 different locations: Montego Bay, Ocho Rios, Falmouth and Negril. We were flying in and out of Montego Bay airport. Since Ocho Rios and Falmouth is closer to Montego Bay as compared to Negril, we decided to stay in Montego Bay for first 3 nights. Out of these 3 days, we’d reserved one day to cover attractions in Montego Bay, and the other two days to cover attractions in Ocho Rios and Falmouth. Both Ocho Rios and Falmouth are located pretty close to Montego Bay and we’d used Rocky’s Taxi and Tour Services for the day trips there. On our forth day, we left for Negril and stayed 2 nights there.
- We were looking for a hotel/resort with a kitchen. El Greco Resort provided just that.
- El Greco Resort turned out to be a good bargain. We paid $366.60 for 3 nights including taxes.
- El Greco Resort provided sumptuous breakfast which is included in the price.
- El Greco Resort is located right opposite to Doctor’s Cave Beach which is a paid beach. However, if you’re staying at El Greco Resort you get free daily passes for the beach.
Since El Greco Resort is so reasonably priced, don’t expect luxury.
- Catcha Falling Star has a perfect 5 star rating on TripAdvisor.
- Catcha Falling Star is reasonably priced considering its location, reviews and service. We paid $350 (tax not included) for 2 nights in Gemini room.
- Catcha Falling Star is literally located right next to Ricks Cafe, one of the best places to visit in Negril.
I highly recommend visiting Seven Mile beach in Negril on your next vacation to Jamaica for it’s white sand and turquoise waters. It’s undoubtedly the most beautiful beach in Jamaica.